Sunday, June 3, 2018

Spear of Brutality - May update

Another unproductive month due to a little thing called GDPR... Those who do not know what GDPR is, basically we are talking about a change in European legistlation that gives the customers more power to regulate what kind of data corporations are allowed to gather and store. As my clients systems are quite old it has taken rather huge effort to make them GDPR complient as otherwise they would have needed to face sanctions based on their annual revenue.


Anyway, eyes on the Experimence once more...

One thing that I have been pondering for the past two months is that which mod I should focus more... In the end I came to conclusion to work on both based on my current feeling and this time it was the Experimence that got most of my attention.

I have been thinking of the enemy types and how to implement variety of them without making it unmanageable, so I came to a simple solution... Instead of having multiple different enemies I will only have few base enemies that have several skins:

- dog
- Soldier (pistol, smg, rifle)
- SS (stg)
- Flamethrower
- Rocket launcher

For instance the soldiers would have the following variations aside from the normal mint guard:
- Warehouse worker
- HEV-suit
- Doctor

This also allows more depth in levels when the enemies are based on the theme of the levels section instead of being the same throughout the game.

Also the item list is now done and most of the sprites are done, here is what is missing:
- Exploding gas bottle (three frames)
- Battery gun and ammo (clip + box)

No comments:

Post a Comment