Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Spear of Brutality - June update

This month I was decided to spend time on something that has been bothering me for some while: structure of VSWap.

Normally the sprites in the VSWap are in order objects, enemies, bosses, weapons and additional sprites... That additional sprites part has always bothered me because at least in my mods it is not in any order as I have just added stuff as I have needed; however now for ease of use and to make it simplier for people to use this mods as base I decided to order the whole thing so that it would follow the structure of original Wolfenstein...

Also while I was organizing the VSWap I also started looking into object ids. There are big gaps between the enemy ids and the objects so for the ease of use I decided to streamline that as well: all object ids will be in order without the gaps between.

After doing these changes I started modifying the map object lists and sprite info that ChaosEdit uses but ran into problems... For some reason the new made map objects weren't working at all and everytime I tried to select them ChaosEdit would crash so currently I am investigating the reason for that.

However as plan B I also started to look into WDC once more to see if I could get it working better with the modified object list.

So basically now goal for July is getting the mapping working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment